This page addresses the rules and FAQs for the Silhouette CAMEO Project Inspiration Group.
Moderating a group of 100k people is an insane amount of (unpaid) work. We do our best to show grace but we also expect some grace as well. You may not always like our decisions but with such a large group, we have to be strict with our simple rules. We promise we’re not trying to suck all the fun out of everything…but with over 100k of you and 5 of us (who have families and jobs), this helps us keep the group a fun and happy place to be. 🙂
Due to the size of the group, we cannot guarantee that we will respond to “tagging” and/or Facebook messages. They often end up in the “other” folder and we get too many to respond to, so we have created this page to help you understand the way we moderate the group. PLEASE READ it thoroughly.
If you ever see anything negative or inappropriate, please don’t message us. Instead, use the arrow in the upper right hand corner of each post to “REPORT POST”. It is the only way we will see it and be able to moderate the post in question. On mobile, select “REPORT TO ADMIN” and not “Report to Facebook”.
- If you are working on something show us a sneak peek on the wall!
- If you have a question… just ask!
- Let’s make this a fun place to craft and learn together!
- Newbie questions are always welcome and we expect all members to be gracious about helping those new to the Silhouette learn how to use and love their machines!
The rules are simple and also appear at the top of the group, please take a look and respect them.
- BE KIND OR BE BANNED. We like nice people and a happy group.
- NO SELLING OR PROMOTION (SELF OR OTHERWISE). This includes no giveaways, GoFundMe posts, affiliate links, buy-in groups, etc. No posts that involve the exchange of money whatsoever. You may share promotional things/blog post/etc ONLY in the Weekly Promo Thread which goes up every Wednesday. Use the group search bar to find the most recent thread. The reason we ask that you don’t share any type of promotional posts is because it’s not fair to the brands we partner with and we can’t vouch for companies we don’t know.
- NO FILE SHARING! We provide a free file every week. Please do not upload any other type of file to the group besides posting pictures of what you created (we love to see those!!) Read more about the specifics of this rule and why we don’t allow file sharing HERE.
- NO BASHING! This is a place for inspiration and kindness. Although we don’t necessarily like certain suppliers either, posting these types of things never result in anything but drama so we delete them. Any posts bashing your customers/other group members will also be deleted.
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR POSTS PG-ISH. While we have a sense of humour, please keep major profanity and anything controversial out of the group.
Note on file tracing: You may ask for help tracing a file if and only if you clarify that you own the rights to the photo you want help tracing. Please do NOT offer to pay someone for their help or the post will be deleted.
Note on sharing other FB Groups: We kindly ask that you do not share other FB groups in our group. That’s kind of like going into Starbucks and setting up your own coffee stand. Not so cool. Capeesh?
The following are answers to the questions we are asked most frequently.
Why was my post deleted/Why was I booted from the group?
- You broke one of the rules.
- The comment thread was filled with drama/unkindness/snarky comments.
- Your post had nothing to do with crafting with the Silhouette.
- Your post violated someone’s copyright/trademark.
Your post was deleted for one of these reasons. Plain and simple. If it’s minor, we probably just deleted your post. If it’s major, we don’t hesitate to boot people from the group.
Why wasn’t I messaged before being booted/my post being deleted?
With over 100k members there aren’t enough hours in the day to personally message each person who is unkind or breaks the rules. We rely on you to read and follow the rules and treat each other with kindness and respect.
I don’t like the way an admin handled a situation.
All admins are volunteers and they do a TON for the group. You be shocked at the amount of time we spend dealing with drama and FB messages from adults who are acting like children…it’s incredibly draining and not a fun way to spend our time! You are responsible for reading the group rules, following them, and conducting yourself in an adult-like manner. We realize this may sound harsh but you’d be shocked at the majority of the FB messages we receive. In a group this size, we simply have to be strict with the rules and rely on people to conduct themselves in a kind and respectful manner.
If you’re following the rules and are kind and respectful, we thank you for that and this will not be an issue for you! 😉
Where can I find the Freebie Friday Cut Files?
You can find the free, personal you only files HERE.
Where can I find your Commercial Use Cut Files?
You can find our commercial use cut files HERE. Commercial use versions are BUY 3, GET 1 FREE with code: 4THFREE
Where can I learn more about Copyright and Trademarks?
We wrote this post “Copyright 101” for Creatives just because of this group. Read it HERE.
Thank you so much for sharing your projects, helping each other, being kind, and respecting the rules of the group!
The SCPI Admins